Thursday, November 26, 2009

Meeting Expectations: A daunting task

Every success is clubbed with responsibility. I remember there was a dialogue in the first spiderman movie, the old uncle of Peter Parker tells him "With power comes responsibility, so you need to be more responsible now". This fair advice of that gentle uncle of Peter Parker has been etched in my mind.

When I retrospect and look at myself. I find various roles that I take during a day. I am an entreprenuer. I am a professor. I am a consultant. There are always people who look at me for advice. For suggestions. For guidance. I cannot afford to be rash and irresponsible to them. Also, You have granted me lots of recognition My Lord! and this has enlarged my diameter, now there are more eyes scanning my behaviour, looking at me and wanting to emulate me.

But My Lord! I know and You know better how vulnerable I am. How weak I am. How sinful I am. My every step is full of sins. I look upto to You to take me out of this well and bless me with Your divine nearness so that I can be a guide, a mentor, a leader in a true sense. I want to rise in Your eyes. I want to meet all the expectations which people around want from me and I also want to meet Your expectations; a daunting task if I tried on my own. But a very simple task if You help me. So do help me attain that divine position.

Bless my holy prophet and his holy progeny and make me meet all Your expectations. Make my life a super success in both the worlds. O My Lord! The Omnipotent! The Omnipresent!

No comments: